If you have a favourite store – or just love to shop in general – retail credit cards can be a dream come true.
But perhaps steer clear if you’re an impulsive buyer. While some do come with worthwhile benefits, it’s important that you use your credit card responsibly. Otherwise, those perks disappear and you’re left with unwanted debt. No bueno. Our quick tips should help you be able to enjoy retail credit cards and keep a healthy credit score. Go on, treat yourself to the best of both worlds. Here are Curve takes you through 3 of the most popular:
M&S Reward Plus Credit Card
Whether you go to M&S for food or homeware, with the Reward Plus Credit Card you could rack up some serious M&S points. In your first year, collect 2 points for every £1 spent (that’s double the points). Plus, you also get 1 point for every £5 you spend anywhere else. And if you make any purchase in your first 90 days, you get a 2,000 points bonus.
- 19.9% APR
- 0% interest purchases for the first 6 months
- 0% interest balance transfers made in the first 90 days
With this credit card, you get a whole host of discounts to take advantage of. After joining, you could enjoy up to 20% off across the store. You also get a welcome 500 point voucher (£5). Every time you use your card at Debenhams in store or online you get 3 points for every £1 you spend. For shopping anywhere else, get 1 point for every £2 spent. Every 3 months, the points that you earn are converted into Debenhams Rewards Vouchers.
- 24.9% APR
- 0% interest balance transfers for the first 12 months
- Free delivery on purchases made at Debenhams.com
- 10% off at Debenhams restaurants and cafes
- Exclusive invites to special shopping events
John Lewis and Waitrose Partnership Card
Enjoy the benefits of two stores on one card. If you spend £200 in the first 90 days, you receive a £25 voucher. Then three times a year, John Lewis and Waitrose will review your points and send you exclusive vouchers. You also have the chance to earn double points if you buy insurance through them.
- 18.9% APR
- 0% interest on purchases for the first 9 months
- 0% interest on balance transfers for 18 months
- Earn a point for every £1 you spend on Kuoni luxury holidays
Happy spending! 🛍️
And now, Curve’s quick tips:
- Pay off your balance in full every month.
- Try not to withdrawal cash with your credit card, unless it’s an emergency.
- Don’t spend over your credit limit.
Following these essential guidelines will give you a helping hand in avoiding paying additional interest and stay on top of your financial game.
You can then take it up a notch with Curve. Manage your money on one simple, stylish card and our smart app. You get more financial control with real-time alerts on what you’re spending. But there’s more – enjoy 1% cashback* on a range of retailers on top of the rewards from your other cards.
Download now to upgrade your spending and take control of your finances.