So you’ve just landed in London to start your study term abroad, and you find it quite scary; people talk weirdly, nobody makes eye contact on the tube, and you have no idea what to do for fun around here. We know very well how valuable your time is, so when you have free time, you want to make it count. Below is a list of 6 of our favourite places to spend your money whilst studying abroad in London, which will give your stay direction and purpose without a doubt.
- The Slug At Fulham – Although the name certainly raises questions about its food hygiene rating, nobody comes here to eat. Students all over London congregate here for its (in)famous student night every Wednesday, where it slashes prices on all drinks. Nevertheless, it is second-to-none if you want to meet people of a similar age and to have a good time on hump day.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! London – Are you a stickler for the weird and wonderful? Then be sure to not pass by this dome of the extraordinary. Inspired by the book of the same name, this museum, found just off Piccadilly Circus, manifests into a strange yet intriguing place where you are bound to have your interest piqued. If you are a thrill-seeker, there’s a laser maze in the basement, straight out of the classic spy movies! Be sure not to wear baggy clothing, though!
- The Shard – One of the newest additions to the London skyline, the Shard looms over Tower Bridge, offering stunning views to all who choose to go up its 75 floors. I’d recommend the lift. There are also some lovely restaurants inside offering delicious asian fusion cuisine, though you may have to save up for anything more than the bread baskets at these places.
- Oxford Street – This strip of shops in the heart of London is the undisputed shopping location of the city. Can’t find something to buy? Check on Oxford Street. There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every shop down here (and surely you should be studying, at least a little?). This place captures life in the city better than anywhere, and you’re more than likely to bump into a celeb or two!
- The London Aquarium – Found next to the London Eye, the London Aquarium boasts over 500 different species of fish. What’s more, they offer a variety of different interactive experiences, such as The Coral Kingdom, or The Rainforest Adventure. Here, it’s far too easy to forget you’re in a city at all! And if you need a break for fresh air, take a beautiful promenade down the South Bank in the British summer sun (it definitely won’t be out for long!)
- The Tower of London – What’s better than seeing the most historic place in one of the most historic cities? Not much. Built in 1078, The Tower of London has lasted through it all; The Black Death, The Great Fire, and now Brexit. If you consider yourself a history buff, or need some extra material for a project that you must submit, a visit here is a no-brainer.
With this list of amazing places to spend your money, what is there left to do? Switch to Curve Metal. Below is a list of ways (we hope you like lists as much as we do!) that we can help you get the best value for your money, and also give you the fullest experience possible whilst you study abroad.
The Perks Of Curve Metal:
Supports Mastercard & Visa
1% cashback at 6 premium retailers, as an introductory offer*
Unlimited fee-free foreign exchange*
Fee-free foreign ATM withdrawals up to £600/month*
Go Back in Time up to 14 days*
Worldwide Travel Insurance**
Electronic Gadget Insurance**
Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver Insurance**
Worldwide Airport LoungeKey Access* (Coming soon)
3 unique beautiful metal colours
Premium 18g brushed metal card
With Curve you can avoid unnecessary fees when you download the Curve app.*