Rewards are great, and getting rewarded for everyday (or not so everyday) spending is even better. These 3 credit cards have welcome bonuses – so you get even more rewards and chances to earn points. Make sure you think carefully before getting a credit card, it comes with a lot of responsibility. Impulsive buyers beware. Check out our quick tips at the end on how to use your credit card.
- M&S Reward Plus Credit Card – In your first year, collect 2 points for every £1 spent (that’s double the points). Plus, you also get 1 point for every £5 you spend anywhere else. And if you make any purchase in your first 90 days, you get a 2,000 points bonus. If M&S is your go-to, you could collect some serious points.
- 19.9% APR
- 0% interest purchases for the first 6 months
- 0% interest balance transfers made in the first 90 days
- IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card – If you know you’re going to be booking a lot of hotels, this could be the option for you. You can earn 20,000 points by spending just £200 in the first 3 months. You also get 4 points when you spend £1 at any IHG hotel, 4 points when you spend £1 abroad, and 2 points when you spend £1 everywhere else. You could also get a free night voucher if you spend £10,000 in a year, every year.
- £99 a year
- 41.5% APR
- Enjoy Platinum Elite Status (50% extra bonus points, extended check-out time, guaranteed room availability and more)
- 0% interest on balance transfers for 12 months
- Virgin Credit Reward+ Credit Card – You can earn 15,000 Flying Club miles with any first purchase (by the way, this doesn’t have to be a purchase of a flight) if made within 90 days. When you buy Virgin flights or holidays you’ll earn 3 miles for every £1 spent. You then get 1.5 miles for spending £1 anywhere else. For a limited time offer – until 30 June 2019 – you can get an extra 15,000 miles if you spend £3,000 within 90 days.
- £160 a year
- 63.9% APR
- 0% interest balance transfers for 6 months
- Spend £10,000 in a year to choose between an upgrade to Premium or a Companion ticket
And now, Curve’s quick tips:
- Avoid going over your credit limit.
- Always aim to ensure you pay off your fullbalance each month.
- Don’t use your credit card for cash withdrawals unless it’s an emergency.
Following these essential guidelines should help you avoid paying additional interest and stay on top of your financial game.
Did you know that with Curve you get extra perks on top of the ones offered by your rewards credit cards? Manage all your Visa and Mastercard bank cards and credit cards on a stylish card and our smart app. And that’s not all… We make travelling even easier. With Curve you get zero fee foreign exchange* and free-free ATM withdrawals abroad*.
Download the app now to take control of your finances, and happy spending.
Plus, check out our Go Back in Time feature which means if you paid with the wrong card, you can switch the card you used, for a purchase up to £1,000 and within 14 days*, to get ultimate flexibility.