Do you see yourself as a sports enthusiast? A huge part of foreign (or domestic) cultures is the passion for sport in a country. Attending sporting events has been a huge part of human history, pretty much since the Romans. It’s one thing to watch sports on TV, but really nothing compares to watching the event live in a stadium. So, we’ve made a list of stadiums across the world that we believe have the best atmosphere, so you can take your credit cards and bank cards make the most of your holiday!
- The Signal Iduna Park – Dortmund – Germany – Home to the one of the biggest football clubs in Europe, Borussia Dortmund, The Signal Iduna Park boasts one of the best atmospheres in professional football. Famous for its “Yellow Wall”, Borussia Dortmund’s fan base is loud enough to strike fear into any rival supporters. After a big win, Dortmund is the place to be.
- Twickenham- London – Dominating the London suburbs with its sheer size, Twickenham Stadium is home to England Rugby. There are few words to describe the feeling from hearing 82,000 voices roar “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” to muster their team. Also, as rugby is such a fast-paced sport, you’ll definitely struggle to stay put in your seat for the whole 80 minutes. Also, Twickenham often hosts NFL games, and the atmosphere is not shabby there, either. Remember that Curve offers 1% instant cashback (as an introductory offer for 90 days)* on many different transport services, like Uber or TfL to name a couple.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground- Melbourne, Australia – Although “gentleman’s sport” might spring to mind when you hear “cricket”, this stadium is too loud to limit it by describing like this. The 10th largest stadium in the world, Melbourne Cricket Ground (AKA “The G”) is home to Australia Cricket, and it does not disappoint. Although most people get bored of the ridiculously long cricket test matches (5 days), you’ll need more time than that to get your fill of this place.
- Madison Square Garden- New York City – Stood in arguably the heart of capitalism, Madison Square Garden is a multi-purpose sports venue, home to the New York Knicks of the NBA, and the New York Rangers of the NHL. It has also held some of the most significant sporting events in history, Muhammad Ali vs George Frazier to name one. You should definitely check out the shops nearby; it is New York, after all.
- Beijing National Stadium- Beijing, China – First unveiled for the 2008 Olympic Games, the Beijing National Stadium is an architectural wonder without doubt. With a capacity of around 90,000 to host sports lovers from all over the globe, the BNS is definitely worth visiting. Whilst you’re there, be sure to immerse yourself in authentic Chinese culture.
- Camp Nou- Barcelona, Spain – The Rolls-Royce of football stadiums, Camp Nou represents the rich history behind FC Barcelona in an incredible way. The stadium is incredibly steep, so all spectators get equally great views of the pitch. Passion is the main ingredient in Spanish football, and Camp Nou sits on the throne in this respect. Also, Barcelona itself is such an amazing city, so definitely take full advantage of everything this wonderful city has to offer.
Now, we know you are massively enthusiastic about sport. But you should be just as passionate about your Curve card, especially when you travel abroad! If you’re not, why not? 😉 Here are some of the ways we can make sure that you always win, even if the team that you are supporting does not:
Curve connects all your cards into a wallet with a card. From the Curve app you can control which card your Curve becomes, see all your spend from all your accounts, get real time notifications, and the ability to lock your cards.
Then the magic begins 🌟 You earn 1% instant cashback (as an introductory 90 day offer) from a list of top retailers* – it pays to spend! Curve aims to eliminate your underlying card’s currency fees and could make all your cards zero currency conversion fees* (weekend charges apply). Changed your mind and wish to use another card? With Curve, you can time travel in a way that would put the Avengers to shame – Go Back In Time for up to 14 days and change the card you used for a transaction*.