If you live in Europe, you’re lucky enough to be able to hop on a train and travel across dozens of countries. Whether you’re looking for additions to your bucket list or planning an interrail trip, we’ve got 10 of the most adventurous things you can do in Europe.
- See the Northern Lights in style – Stay at the 5 Million Star Hotel in Iceland and sleep under the stars in your very own translucent bubble. You can also catch a glimpse of one of nature’s marvels – the Northern Lights. A guided tour is included in the package where you explore some of Iceland’s most beautiful spots.
- Get the best view – Head to Oludeniz in Turkey for some out-of-this-world views as you paraglide across the sky. Enjoy the white sands and blue lagoons from an impressive height. There are many companies to choose from.
- Dinner in the Sky – Dinner in the Sky is a Belgian company that lifts you – and your table – 40ft into the air. Once you’re there, enjoy a delicious six-course meal of local cuisine. You can find this experience in places such as Greece, Malta, Finland and more.
- Get your heart racing at Il Palio – Held twice a year in July and August, Il Palio in Siena has an atmosphere like no other. Il Palio is a horse race that includes one lap around Piazza del Campo, the city’s main square. Blink and you’ll miss it. You can find different ticket prices depending on where you want to stand or sit.
- Embrace your inner kid at Disneyland Paris – There is endless amounts of fun to be had at Disneyland. You can experience rides, live shows, amazing food and meet real-life Disney characters.
- Venture into a deserted town – Experience a truly unique and unusual adventure with Chernobyl Exclusive Tours. You can take a day trip from Kiev to explore Chernobyl and learn about its tragic history.
- Step into a fairytale – Lake Bled in Slovenia is the idyllic place if you want to feel like a prince or princess. Bled castle resides on a small island in the middle of this stunningly blue lake. You can hike around the lake or take a boat to see the castle.
- Visit a museum on a mountain – The Messner Mountain Museum Corones sits atop Mount Kronplatz in Northern Italy. You can experience gorgeous views in viewing decks on the side of the museum. You can get there by car, train or foot if you’re up for the challenge.
- Take the Bernina Express – Ride across the Alps aboard the Bernina Express and see glaciers and palms in one trip. As well as stunning scenery, you can indulge in delicious food and drink from the minibar.
- Have a wine fight – If you’re a wine lover, it’ll be hard to pass this up. Every June, the Haro Wine Festival takes place in Haro, Northern Spain. As well as drinking exceptional wine, you can also pour buckets of the stuff over festival-goers.
Don’t forget your Curve card!
We have a bonus tip for you. With Curve, you can manage all your Mastercards and Visa cards on one simple, stylish card and our smart app. You can also earn 1% cashback (as a 90 day introductory offer)* on a range of top retailers. Plus, you get more financial control with real-time alerts on what you’re spending across all cards.
Check out our Go Back in Time feature which means if you paid with the wrong card, you can switch the card you used, for a purchase up to £1,000 and within 14 days* to get ultimate flexibility.
Download now for free!