There’s no denying it, London is expensive. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find delicious, belly-filling food on a budget. Check out these cheap eats for when you crave tasty grub without putting a dent in your wallet.
- Bun House – With fluffy steamed buns starting from £2.50, you could definitely treat yourself to a couple (or 5). This relaxed Cantonese restaurant is a great place to grab a quick yet satisfying bite to eat.
- Padella – Transport yourself to Italy on the cheap with some truly authentic cuisine. Pasta dishes start from just £4 for luxurious gnocchi with nutmeg butter.
- Borough Market
- Tokyo Diner – Head over to Tokyo Diner for Japanese comfort food. You can get the warming, sweet Diner Curry for only £8.
- On the Bab – Perfect if you’re craving no-fuss delicious Korean food. Get 6 pieces of Korean fried chicken for £5.50. And for a hearty lunch, order bibimbab – rice with plenty of veg in a sweet and spicy sauce – for only £7.50.
- Covent Garden, Soho, Shoreditch, Marylebone, St. Paul’s
- Roti King – Enjoy authentic Malaysian cuisine for £7 including a variety of rice and noodle dishes. Don’t miss out on the lunch special from 12-3pm, and get a starter of vegetable spring rolls with a main course (not costing more than £6.80).
- Foodilic – Nutritious and delicious, that’s their aim. The best part is their healthy menu doesn’t cost you a fortune. Get an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast for £6.50 or the same for lunch and dinner for £7.50.
- King’s Cross, Putney
- Daddy Donkey – Chow down on tasty burritos filled to the brim starting at just £7. If you have a few quid to spare, load up on tempting extras.
- Kennington Lane Cafe – For a good old fashioned breakfast, order a full English with tea or coffee for only £6.60. Their lunch rolls or sandwiches also start at just £2. The taste of home-cooked food for a decent price.
- Brasserie Zedel – Feel ultra posh at the beautifully decorated Brasserie Zedel without the hefty price tag. Get 2 courses for just £10.50 and select from a range of exquisite Parisian dishes. That’s a bargain.
- Kati Roll Company – Enjoy this delicious street food hot and fresh for as little as £2.95. There are loads of varieties to choose from, and each will guarantee a mouth full of flavour with each bite.
Now you can eat out in London without breaking the bank. You can give yourself a pat on the back. Now, how about upgrading your finances even further? With Curve, you can manage all your Visa and Mastercard bank cards on one simple, stylish card and our smart app. You get more financial control with real-time alerts on what you’re spending across all cards. But there’s more – enjoy 1% instant cashback* (as an introductory offer for 90 days) on a range of top retailers on top of the rewards from your other credit cards.
Plus, check out our Go Back in Time feature which means if you paid with the wrong card, you can switch the card you used, for a purchase up to £1,000 and within 14 days* to get ultimate flexibility.
Download now to take control of your finances.