We’ve all been there. That heart sinking moment when your bank card or credit card gets swallowed up by the card machine. But fear not, Curve is here to guide you through everything need to know…
What should you do?
- Make a note of the time the incident happened and what type of machine it was: This will help your bank when they are assessing your claim. The bank will approach the appropriate cash machine provider and check the record of the ATM’s transactions.
- Contact your bank or credit card account provider asap: You can do this in a number of ways..
- Via your mobile banking app
- By phone (it’s wise to keep your bank’s emergency contact number stored)
- By logging onto the banks website
- If it’s open, at a your nearest bank branch
How do I get my card back?
- In all honesty, the likelihood of you getting your original card back is very, very low. Minute even. More often than not, you’ll need to order a new card through your bank. That’s not too bad, it’s not the end of the world. It won’t take up too much of your time and you’ll receive your new card in a jiffy (or at least within a few days…)💨.
- In most cases the bank will reimburse you whilst they’re investigating the issue. You won’t be rolling in it, but you’ll be okay.
What if my Curve card has been swallowed?
Of course if you’ve got a Curve card, things are far better! All you’ll need to do is lock your card in-app. If it looks like your card is gone forever, just email our Customer Experience team on firstname.lastname@example.org so they can cancel your card and issue a replacement .
You might not even need to cancel your plans. You could just grab one of your underlying cards and withdraw money that way in the meantime. Handy right?!
Cash machines can sometimes go wrong. But when you’re in control of your finances it doesn’t matter as much. Where better to access financial freedom than here at Curve? We’re all about putting you in the driving seat of your finances.
Why miss out? Download the Curve app to unlock financial freedom🥳.